TrackMe Release History
- Added option to reconnect to GPS when connection is lost (this is useful
when using bluetooth GPS devices) (you need to enable this option from the Configuration->Source menu)
- Live Map. Fixed bug when using Cell ID if GPS fix was not available. In some cases the program could crash.
- Fixed bug when using GPS Intermediate Driver. It may cause TrackMe to freeze in some situations.
- Fixed bug when storing Cell ID in local database.
- Some more cleaning and code reorganizing.
- Fixed problem when the option to use the Cell ID if GPS was not available was enabled. This was causing to try to read the Cell ID every 5s if for any reason failed. For this reason, the application became unresponsive.
- Other minor fixes.
Added tracking log for Live Map
- TrackMe will detect if connection to bluetooth GPS has been lost.
- Main core functions have been rewritten to support easier future updates. Program is now better structured and a lot of cleaning has been done.
- GPS is now independent from Tracking. You can start your GPS without tracking. This is useful if you want to force an update or use Live Tracking on a map without tracking.
- Fixed problem when using Cell ID tracking on my server and using Google db. It stopped working a couple of months ago, so I added an workaround to make it work (something must have been changed on my server configuration)
- When uploading a position, the timer is reset. This is useful if the uploading takes a long time. In previous versions if this happened, 2 positions were uploaded almost consecutively.
- Tons of fixes!
- Added Live Map (this is accessible from the 'Show Current Position' button)
- New: Added support for connecting using the GPS Intermediate Driver.
-Fixed: The way the application exits has changed. There was at least one user that had problems
having TrackMe staying in memory after exiting. Hopefully this will resolve that issue.
-Fixed: A recent update caused incompatibility with Smartphones.
- Added option to minimize the program when Screen Off is pressed
- Some core functions have been rewritten to support easier future updates
- Fixed error in Geofence parameters. If regional setting was using a comma for the distance, the program would crash
- Auto trip names are now formatted using YYYY/MM/D and current regional settings for the time
- Passwords are now stored encrypted in the database.
Database changes for people using their own server:
You need to update the files index.php, requests.php, export.php and upload.php
You also need to run the following SQL statements in your database:
ALTER TABLE `users` CHANGE `password` `password` VARCHAR( 50 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL
UPDATE users set password=md5(concat('trackmeuser',password))
-Fixed: Geofence was not including the link and custom message when triggered.
-Fixed: Toolbar is now hidden when starting the program in stealth mode.
- New: Now it's possible to select a trip from the main screen.
- Fixed: If you exit the program while you were still tracking, the COM port was not closed.
- Fixed: There as a rounding problem When calculating the summary for the avg speed and max speed.
- Fixed: When using cid tracking, the cellid pages were hardcoded with PHP, instead of using extension in the Configuration
- Fixed: The arrow showing the direction was not hidden when the minimum number of required satellites was not reached.
- Fixed problem when using cell id tracking and first position was not found
(TrackMe kept retrying)
- Now you can export to GPX (Credits to Ulrich Wolf. Thanks a lot!)
- Angle and Speed values are now taken directly from the GPS feed.
No internal calculations are done.
- Added option (Config->General) to show an arrow with
the current direction. This option is disabled by default
- Angle and Speed calculation is now more precise.
- Added option to Force Update when a change of direction is detected.
- Fixed problem on some PDAs when accessing the window Configuration->Source
- Changed the position of some menus.
- The OK button will always be associated to the left soft key (except for the main window)
- Manage Trips. Summary is now displayed in a different window using the default browser (previous version was hard coded to IE)
- Some other minor fixes.
-TrackMe is now compatible with Smartphones and non touchscreen devices.
- Some minor fixes
- Added option to use Cell ID when a GPS position is not available.
- An error was introduced with the latest version. 'Speed' value
was not uploaded correctly.
- TrackMe's core has been partially rewritten and optimized.
- Configuration. Some menus and options have been rearranged.
- Now you can Force an update when using Cell ID tracking.
- Fixed: When using GPS tracking the Signal Strength was also stored in the database.
This should only happen when you use Cell ID tracking.
- Tray icon (you can enable this option from Configuration->Display)
- Ability to show the Cell Signal Strength for each position in Google Earth
when using Cell ID tracking (thanks Wally80 for his help)
- Ability to show the Battery status in Google Earth
- Offline mode for Cell ID tracking is now completed.
You can use Cell ID tracking even if you don't have an internet connection. You cell id
will be stored locally. Once you have internet access, TrackMe
will try to convert it to a GPS position using your selected databases.
- Trip selection has been rearranged in the Configuration window. Bigger buttons added for easier access.
- Added option to use Cell ID if minimum required satellites is not reached.
- Notification on Demand. Added option to keep tracking when a event is triggered.
- Fixed (one more time) problem with default CellID databases
not showing up when updating.
- Added icon 'Upload offline data' in main window.
- Other minor fixes.
- Some Parameters from the PHP requests have been renamed and
they are now shorter.
- Added 2 new Cell ID providers: CellDB and OpenCellID (thanks xdaradar)
In order to use them you need to add them manually. They are called:
'celldb' and 'opencellid' (without quotes)
- New offline mode. Now you can decide when to upload your positions. With this new mode
you will be able to store some positions locally and be uploaded later.
- Fixed problem with new installations a CellID databases. No databases were shown when
the program was installed for the first time.
- Some minor fixes related with non English regional settings
- Added option to start TrackMe when Windows starts
- On Demand notification. IMSI value is used instead of phone number
for this feature from now on.
- On Demand notification. Now you can send an email/sms if TrackMe
detects that your SIM card has changed.
- Manage Trips. Fixed error when browsing trips. The summary was not updated.
- This new version will check for new updates manually/automatically when
the program starts.
- Added option 'Notification on demand'
TrackMe will send an email/SMS with your current position
if a SMS is received containing some specific text pattern. (Anti-theft feature)
- Improved performance for Cell id tracking.
- Ability to add Custom Databases for Cell ID tracking
(right click on Available databases)
- This is the last version that will delete your offline positions and geofence
data when updating. From now on the data will be kept.
- Fixed problem 'FormatException' when using Cell ID for non English PDAs
- Some minor fixes for Cell ID tracking
- Configuration window has been modified slightly
- Previous version introduced a bug when storing offline position.
This should be fixed now.
- Cell ID tracking!! (Thanks lrossouw for his help)
Now TrackMe can use the cellid from your phone to locate you.
It will use either Google or Trackme's community database to translate that cellid
to a valid lat/long position.
- Geofence. When clicked 'Assign current position' the position was not stored
correctly in the database.
1. You can decide if you want to include your current location in the body of the message.
2. Added option in configuration to Reset notifications when tracking is started.
- Manage Trips.
1. There was a bug when downloading a summary that contains comments with an space.
2. New column 'Start date'
3. Ability to sort by column
4. The total distance could be wrong in some cases. This has been fixed (thanks xdaradar)
- Database access has been improved and everything should be more faster including the Web viewer.
4. Fixed problem when showing location on the map. It could return a wrong position in some cases (thanks xdaradar)
Fixed problem with Trip Summary and non English versions.
- Local mode is no longer supported
- Added Trip summary
- [updates during this period are lost]
- Pictures upload. If not EXIF data found, it will use the file properties.
- Pictures upload. When a picture is uploaded using this method, the icon
called 'Camera' will be used.
- Added icon 'Force update' in the main window
- Force Update form is emptied after uploading a position.
- Manage trips window now supports landscape layout.
- Now you can upload offline pictures. TrackMe will extract creation date information from the pictures and it
will try to match it with the existing GPS positions. If the time difference is less than X for a certain position
it will upload that picture to the server and it will assign to that position.
- Added option to upload offline data automatically when internet connection is available.
- Show position on map now uses the server specified in Configuration->Remote
Added link in the About window that can be used to download the latest version.
Fixed problem when storing data in the local database.
The program has been updated to Compact Framework 3.5 and
SQL Server mobile 3.5
Now the icons look like real buttons and
it's compatible with any color scheme.
Now you can import your own icons (thanks wafwot)
- Ability to change the color scheme
- Force update. Now you can upload your pictures later (this is useful if you are storing offline data but want to store a position that contains an image)
- I had to limit a few functions for Local Storage for a better integration of
all the main functions. I have completely separated Local from Storage,
so I think everything looks much better.
- New 'Manage trips' tool. From there you add, rename or delete existing trips.
- When uploading images, you can select pictures either from main memory or
from the storage card. You will also see thumbnail so you now what you are
going to upload.
- Images are resized automatically before uploading to the server.
- Now you can upload (or link) your own images when forcing an update.
- GPS data was not being refreshed for certain GPS devices. This was causing TrackMe to think GPS was not moved. This has been fixed.
- Deployment is now specific for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. (we used to have it for Pocket PC 2003)
- Many changes on server side to support a better error notification between server and client.
PEOPLE USING MY FREE SERVER OR THEIR OWN SERVER NEED TO UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION, OTHERWISE TRACKME WILL NOT WORK. People using their own server also need to update the server files.
- Changes in the way offline data is stored.
This is a beta version, so I expect some errors to appear.
- When viewing a map on your pda, you can pan and zoom your location.
- Added option to show current position on map.
When viewing the map on Pocket Internet Explorer, you can select the option Menu->View->Desktop if you don't want to view the image resized.
- You can access the Configuration and other menus without pressing STOP first
- GeoFence. Ability to send emails and/or SMS
- Send position by sms added.
- Emails and SMS messages now contain 2 links. The first one is a link to Google Maps to watch it on your PC, and the second one is a link to a static image that can be seen by PDAs. TrackMe will try to generate a short link, if not possible it will just use the regular Google Maps link.
- Fixed problem with GeoFence showing meters instead of KM/Miles
- Added scrollbars in Configuration for using the PDA in landscape mode or smaller screens.
- Ability to select unit (Metric/English)
- For remote storage you can choose not to upload anything and store everything in the remote file. This is good if you know that you are not going to have internet connection and you don't want to be trying to reconnect all the time. Later you can upload this offline data.
- Added option to clear the selected trip name when exiting the program
- Added option what will discard gps positions if the number of found satellites is not reached.
- Some small fixes.
- Altitude is displayed as 'Unknown' if a negative value is received.
- Now you can force an update. You can specify a custom icon and some comments for this update.
- Interface has been changed a little bit.
- Ability to send emails with your current position.
- Fix: If you had offline data, and you upload it later, the speed was saved in the Altitude field. This could cause weird altitude data.
- Fixed problem generating local KML file and regional settings
- When using remote server, if timeout occurs it will retry 2 times. After that,
it won't try again until 2 minutes later (I may change this in the future so you can specify your own default values)
- Fixed problem with Regional Settings when reading Altitude.
- Speed and Altitude has been added.
- Offline data is now stored in a local database.
- Added option to autostart the process when the application starts.
- Notification of errors have been improved.
- When started, the program was always using the default server instead
of the one specified in Config->Remote.
[older updates not included here]